Thursday, January 10, 2008

Photo Blogs

A few years ago I was asked to lecture to the North West Journalism Conference on the New Photojournalism. having no idea what the new photojournalism was I of course said yes. So I googled it and discovered the semi-hidden world of photo blogs. Exploring I found numerous really bad amateurish efforts and some absolutely amazing ones including a couple by friends.
After many fits and starts I launched Miscellaneous which you can see here.
I am referring to photoblogs which are purely visual, no essays on the place of photography in modern culture or any of that business, simply pictures for the sole purpose of showing them.

Here's a few great ones:

electrolite

Chromasia

it won't fucking kill you


quieto

radio uruguay

and of course

Express Train

No comments: