Thursday, January 8, 2009

If I had only known it could be so cheap

I found this ad on Craigslist today. If only I had known it was so easy I could have saved so much time, money and effort.

Photography Education - Complete Curriculum - $20

Reply to: sale-983222086@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-06, 7:26PM PST


"This was originally a correspondence course I took in High School when I wanted to learn photography (I am actually now a professional wedding photographer :). While you could not use the "correspondence" part of this course any longer, there is still a lot of valuable information in these videos. http://www.icslearn.com . I am including all the course books at no charge because they do have highlighting in them.

Yes, the video host is not terribly easy on the eyes. It's dated, but he's very good at teaching the fundamentals of photography in an easy-to-understand manner. It also goes into The Business of Photography, putting a portfolio together, studio lighting, etc. It's very thorough and I definitely learned a lot from this course. It was not a cheap program ($200+), but you can have all the videos and books for only $25. I will be happy if a budding photographer can get good use out of them now.

$25 includes:
VIDEOS - The Darkroom, Photographic Light, Photographic Design, The Video Guide to Basic Photography, The Studio, The Video Guide to Basic 35mm Photography.

BOOKS (Free)- The Exciting World of Photography, Photography Basics, The Nature of Light, Camera Basics, Choosing Your Subject, Digital Photography, Business Skills for Photographers, Video Photography, Presentation Skills, Lighting for Photography, Printing Color Photographs and Slides, The Joy of Photography, Printing Black and White Photographs, Image Design, Development and Processing of Photographs, and 6 photographer activity booklets.

If you are interested, please email me and include your phone number, or call Heather at xxx-xxx-xxxxx. Cash only please. I am willing to meet you partway if you are not too far. Thank you."

No comments: